The Science and Engineering Readiness Index (SERI), formulated by AIP’s Susan White and FSU’s Paul Cottle to focus the public’s attention on the importance of high school courses in calculus and physics, achieved one more milestone this week when the public relations web site Newswise announced that the AIP’s SERI news release was one of its ten most downloaded for the months of July and August, with 3937 downloads.
Among other visibility highlights for SERI since its release on July 1:
- Publication on the Huffington Post on July 11
- Publication at LiveScience on July 7
- Item in the July issue of Physics Today
- Item on the msnbc web site on July 8
- Op-ed in the July 20 issue of the Orlando Sentinel
- Op-ed in the July 8 issue of the Raleigh News and Observer
- Editorial in the July 21 issue of the Raleigh News and Observer (also reproduced in the July 22 issue of the Charlotte Observer)
- Appearance in the Florida TaxWatch “Government Cost Savings Task Force Report” for 2012-2013, released on September 15 (page 179)
- Article in the October issue of The Physics Teacher
The full report on SERI is in the Summer 2011 issue of the Newsletter of the Forum on Education of the American Physical Society.